Severnside Art Club
Collaborative Art Project
“A Sunday Afternoon on the Island of La Grande Jatte” by Georges Seurat
What you are doing:
- Take the square of the painting you picked during the draw.
- Using the paper provided, copy your allocated image and scale up to the new paper size (landscape orientation).
- Use any medium but try to maintain the colours.
- Remember to paint to the edges of the paper.
- Return your completed work to Jeanette.P
It was painted from 1884 to 1886 and is Georges Seurat’s most famous work. A leading example of pointillist technique, executed on a large canvas, it is a founding work of the neo-impressionist movement. Seurat’s composition includes a number of Parisians at a park on the banks of the River Seine. It is in the collection of the Art Institute of Chicago.
Large copy of the original painting can be found here for additional reference: